Sunday, February 13, 2011

You'll never know love unless you surrender to it

I couldn't find a video for this scene but I really wanted to share it. This is from Fools Rush In. I actually just saw this movie for the first time tonight, I don't know why I've never watched it before. This scene between Isabel and her great grandmother very much spoke to me:

"-Nanita it was the right thing to do.


-It is not your faith that has betrayed you. It is your fear.


-I got lost... That's all. But now I make my own decisions.


-How selfish you are. To presume you know better than love.


-Nanita. He never would have left if he knew I was still pregnant. He wanted to go. I let him off the hook.


-No. You let yourself off the hook. You denied your heart and lied to the man you love. Why?


-...Because I had to. If I didn't leave him, he would have left me. I really don't think I could have handled that.


-Isa, You will never know love unless you surrender to it."

1 comment:

  1. Did you really have to do that???
    Thank you for making me cry...again.

    ReplyDelete