Sunday, February 27, 2011

Random Ramblings

Just thought I'd take a few minutes to write down some thoughts going through my head.

First of all, I love being a part of a church family. I've been thinking a lot about this lately, especially since I just placed membership at Sycamore View (such a "grown up" feeling if I do say so....), a church here in the Memphis area. I've been visiting there for almost 2 years now because I felt so disconnected with the church that I grew up attending. This new family has shown me what the church in its truest purpose is, what the mission of Jesus is and what a family of believers looks like. They aren't interested in numbers, they are interested in discipleship. I am so proud and happy to be a part of this family. Also really cool fact that I'm loving: for some reason, all sorts of creative minds seem to just flock to this church. I can just look around the room and start picking out artists of all types- painters, ceramic artists, art teachers, musicians in the Memphis Symphony Orchestra. I think it says something about a church family that an artist can not only feel welcome, but accepted and useful. Wow... think of it... using my gifts for God's glory, and not for a cliche-churchy type project. No, me being.... me.

Ok onto second rambling. I have decided that big groups of people are simply not for me. I mean, I guess I always knew this, but if you really want to get to know me or if you really want to experience the real Jenna, do not hang out around me in a larger group. Let's keep it to 4 or 5 tops. Otherwise, I'm going to be extremely introverted quiet and do the disappear into the background thing. I need small numbers to be able to express who I am and give voice to my opinions, etc. All of you that know me were probably already aware of this fact. I'm just finding it to be true more and more.

Next. I really really really want to take a trip to Europe. Specifically, Ireland and the UK. I think I am really going to start seriously planning such a trip next summer. I have no idea how I am going to go about this. I'm somewhat afraid of going by myself, but I'm not sure of anyone that I could drag along other than my sister that would want to go to these specific places with me. But this is something that I really just have to do.

And finally. I am awaiting answers to my grad school applications. This is producing patience. I honestly have no idea where I am going to be in 6 or 7 months. I'm really having to trust God here.

No comments:

Post a Comment