Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Purple is Still My Favorite Color

Last night was just a night to chill out and spend a quiet evening watching movies-- The Young Victoria and Masterpiece Theater's Persuasion, two of my favs ♥-- and also, working on a new necklace. I have to be honest, I think that I spend my time making jewelry and sewing when I'm experiencing "artist's block" with my painting. I can't seem to come up with a good idea for a new painting, or I can't find the motivation to work on one that I've already started..... I'm in one of those times when it feels like everything I put on the canvas is just yuck... I've even been more diligent with my color pencil pieces because I can't seem to paint. I've heard that part of artist's block is fear, and I know that fear itself is one of the greatest inhibitors to creativity. Maybe I'm afraid that what I make now won't be as good as the pieces I made for my senior exhibition. Being in the shadow of your past work is such a scary and depressing place to be for an artist. I have actually been avoiding looking at my old paintings or even images of my old paintings, because I constantly compare myself with what I was. Anyway, all of this to say, I think that I'm just going to ride out the artist's block.... see where it takes me and just do what feels natural. I know this very much goes against the discipline of most (if not all) artists to make yourself have studio time, but right now, I'm just not feeling anything. Maybe some time spent on thinking of other things will do me some good. Afterall, I did (do) find most of my inspiration from just ordinary things that I love or love to do- not from a forced session of creativity. Hence my quiet evening watching movies and sewing last night..... consisting of these:

  
And


*Sigh* Such wonderful storylines.... I know, I'm such a girl right now :) But both are very inspiring in reminding me that you really should not be forced to be someone you're not, just to try to impress someone or to get them to have feelings for you... Yeah, a lot of what I will take from these movies is obviously very telling of where I am personally. But nonetheless.... so love these two ♥

And my piece I made last night during my mini movie fest;

Violet. Lavender.


Lilac. Plum.


Mulberry. Mauve.


Orchid. Amethyst. Indigo.


No matter the shade,


Purple is still my favorite color.

2 comments:

  1. I am completely in love with this...all your jewelry for that matter. As soon as we have an income, I must have an original Jenna piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thank you! And I would be most happy to provide such a piece :)

    ReplyDelete